CCHS 2019-2020: Description of Career Clusters and Concentrations
Students will pick a Career Cluster (bold and underlined), and a Career Concentration (bold only).
Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Agribusiness Systems/CASE Plant Science: Focuses on entrepreneurial and technical skill and careers in the broad spectrum of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources. Students will select a specialization in Forestry, Horticulture, or Agriculture Mechanics. Careers: Foresters, Purchasing agents and Buyers for Farm Products, Groundskeepers, Nursery worker, Grounds Maintenance Worker, Veterinarians, Environmental Engineers, Soil and Plant Scientists.
- Power, Structure, and Technical Systems: Focuses on entrepreneurial and technical skills and careers in the agricultural mechanics industry. Allow students to pursue interests in agricultural structures or agricultural repair and maintenance. Careers: Mechanic, Field Technician, Construction Worker, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Welder, Machinist, Farm Equipment Mechanic.
Architecture and Construction
- Building Maintenance and Operations: Students will learn skills necessary to complete general maintenance in residential and commercial buildings. Careers: General Maintenance and Repair Worker, Property Manager, Maintenance Supervisor
- Carpentry: Students will gain a basic knowledge of safety, use of tools and equipment, and plan reading. Students will have the opportunity to earn NCCER Certification for each skill mastered. Careers: Construction workers, Managers of Construction Trades, Landscapers
- Electrical Technician: Students will learn basic principles and technical skills needed in the Electrical Trades Industry. Motivated and dedicated students will be eligible to complete the Journeyman Electrician License. Careers: Electrician, Electrical engineer, Construction Worker
Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Performing Arts: Students are expected to have a deep interest in learning about and developing skills in the performing arts. Students will pick a specialization in Guitar, Band, Theatre, Contemporary Ensemble and Steel Drums, or Chorus. Careers: Musicians, Singers, Careers in the music industry.
- Visual Arts: Students are expected to have a deep interest in learning about and developing skills in the visual arts. Students must be willing to participate in art contests and attend local art exhibits. Careers: Art Teacher, Graphic Designer, Artist
- Marketing: Students will gain a basic understanding of the marketing industry. Careers: Salesperson, Manager, Travel Consultant
Business Management and Administration
- Management & Administrative Support: Students will gain a basic understanding of management principles. Any student wishing to major in Business in College would benefit from this career concentration. Careers: Store Manager, Human Resources Manager, General Management.
- Therapeutic Services: Allows the student to explore careers focused on direct work with patients in which they will provide care, treatment, and health education information. Careers: Certified Nursing Assistant, Acupuncturists, Anesthesiologists, Doctors, Midwives, Pharmacists, Registered Nurses, Psychologists, Physician’s Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists
- Allied Health Services: Allows the student to explore careers focused on direct work with patients in which they will provide care, treatment, and health education information. Careers: Certified Nursing Assistant, Doctor’s Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Dental Assistant, EMT
- Personal Fitness and Wellness Training: Students will learn skills necessary to earn a certification as a Certified Personal Trainer. Careers: Personal Trainer, Personal Training Assistant, Health Educator, Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapist
- Coding: Students interested MUST successfully complete BCA I with a B or better & complete an interview. Students MUST be highly motivated & work independently. Careers: Animator, Graphic Artist, Graphic Designer, Webmaster, Video Game Designer
- Information Management A&B: Students will focus on career that produce images through hands-on activities which will include operating a digital camera, using imaging software, using drawing software, creating simple animations and manipulating video images. Careers: Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Animator, Graphic Artist, Desktop Publisher, Computer Operator, Web Designer
Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security
- Virtual Criminology: Students will complete four online courses to gain knowledge related to forensics, criminology, social problems, & career opportunities. Careers: Lawyers, Correctional Officers, Police Detectives, Forensic Science Technicians, Security Guard
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- AC Innovations of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics: This program will develop students’ technological literacy and stimulate their interest in pursuing a career in the STEM fields. Careers: All types of Engineers, Biofuels/Biodiesel Technology, Chemists
- Students must complete two AP level courses, two years of the same foreign language, and a 4th Science